Who is Our Voice SA?
- Our Voice SA is a group of people living with intellectual or learning disability who meet once a month to talk about issues important to us.
- The members of Our Voice SA all have different abilities and we believe that difference is good.
- People living with intellectual or learning disability are welcome to become members of Our Voice. Friends and family of people with intellectual or learning disability are welcome as associate members.
What does Our Voice SA do?
- Our Voice SA speaks out about matter that impact on people living with intellectual or learning disability
- Our Voice SA provides speakers for other groups interested in Peer Support or Self Advocacy
- Our Voice SA will provide training in self-advocacy and advocacy
- Our Voice SA acknowledges the importance of family members as advocates for people living with intellectual or learning disability and we work with families for better outcomes
- Our Voice SA ensures that the voices of people living with intellectual or learning disability are heard
Where is Our Voice SA going?
- Our Voice SA plans to build a network of peer-support, self-advocacy across metropolitan and country South Australia
- Our Voice SA will become the voice of South Australians living with intellectual or learning disability
- Our Voice SA is on a mission to empower more people living with intellectual and learning disability to have a voice
Our Voice SA meetings
- Our Voice SA meets of the second Monday of the month (unless that is a Public Holiday, then the meeting will be on the third Monday of the month)
- Our Voice SA meetings are 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Find out more on the events calendar
You are welcome